Research has shown that women who are touched compassionately during pregnancy will 'touch their children more regularly, effectively and sensitively '.
Just a few potential benefits of pregnancy massage include:
• Improved circulation which in turn can reduce muscle spasms and Oedema
• Decreased strain on joints and muscles
• Enhanced lactation and increased prolactin production, enhancing the mother's abilities to nurture her infant
• Boosting and stimulating the lymphatic system which in turn boosts the immune system.
• Most importantly improved emotional wellbeing studies indicate that massage can decrease stress hormones, reduce depression and anxiety and increase serotonin levels. Happy Mum = Happy baby.
Gorteendrunagh, Castlebar, County Mayo, F23 FN34, Ireland